[TRNSYS-users] (no subject)

keilholz, werner werner.keilholz at cstb.fr
Tue Jul 19 05:21:36 PDT 2005

Dear Christos,

Changing the editor cannot prevent the simulation from running, even in good
old TRNSYS 15. I suppose some other setting has been changed, such as the
File/Settings/TRNSYS tab (make sure it is empty).

Your GREAT difficulties may come from the fact that the file extension you
are using (.txt, .xls, .out, ...) are not associated to a Windows
application (such as notepad). To associate an application to an extension,
double-click on a file with this extension in the WINDOWS explorer, select
the application, and check the 'use always' box. From now on, you can use
the Edit buttons in IISiBat, and they will launch this application.

The text editor you can set under File/Settings /Directories/Text Editor
only applies to the DCK and LST buttons in IISiBat (to edit the TRNSYS input
and output files). The default should be
\trnsys15\IISiBat3\Exe\TRNlist.exe

If you want to change it to notepad, you should type
notepad.exe

On some systems, you may have to specify the complete path to notepad
(such as \WINDOWS\SYSTEM\notepad.exe).

Please let me know if your problems persist.

Werner