[TRNSYS-users] Type 56 Time Step

Krishna krishna at cdhenergy.com
Fri Jul 22 09:32:02 PDT 2005

I am trying to run the simulation with a time step of less than 1 hr. I am getting an Range check error from trnsys. On further investigation I found that the error was coming from Type 56.

The simulation runs fine with a time step of 1 hr with no errors at all.

Further the time at which the error occurred followed a pattern.

Time step 1 min - Error in the beginning
Time step 3 min - Error at *.05 Hr
Time step 6 min - Error at *.1 Hr
Time step 9 min - Error in the beginning
Time step 12 min - Error at *.2  Hr
Time step 15 min - Error at *.25  Hr

Where * is any hour depending on the startime of the simulation.
e.g When the start time was 0 min, read * as 23.
Also when the error occurred in the beginning(time step 0,9 min) the listing file had and error

" The wall timebase must be an integer multiple of the simulation timestep'

I set the timebase to 1 in the BUIEdit's Output window as is recommended in the manual.

On debugging from type56 I found that one source of error was due to and array related to the building schedules getting out of bound. Particularly it was from the function

FUNCTION NPOS(TIME,NTIME,STIME)
Line 4203 of Open_TYPE56.for

For the time step of 1 min and 9 min the error occurred at the line

T_OP(IZONE)=AOPT*TBAR(IZONE)+(1-AOPT)*T_OP(IZONE)/TOTAREA
Line 9901

I have no clue about why this is happening, can anyone please help me out with this.

Thank you,

Krishna