[TRNSYS-users] equation

Isabelle BRUYERE bruyere at arch.ucl.ac.be
Fri Jan 28 02:14:40 PST 2005

Michaël,

Thanks already.

But when a constant is defined in the control card, can I use it in an
equation which is defined in an equation bloc on the assembly panel? Or do
I have to write that equation in the control card too ? (hope it is clear ...)

Best regards,

Isabelle

A 11:29 27/01/2005 -0600, Michaël Kummert a écrit :
>Isabelle,
>>Is it possible, in Trnsys simulation studio, tu use a Constant value
>>defined in the simulation cards ?
>
>You can use any constant in other equations, as a parameter or as an
>initial value (for the last 2 options you need to set the variable type to
>"string").
>
>The Studio creates the following 3 constants by default:
>START : simulation start time
>STEP  : simulation time step
>STOP  : simulation stop time
>
>You can also add your own equations/constants in the control cards (in the
>"simulation cards" field, e.g.
>CONSTANTS 1
>MyConstant = 123.45
>(This is the same as creating an equation block in the Studio, except that
>CONSTANTS are picked by the parametric table tool in TRNEdit, EQUATIONS
>are not)
>
>And don't forget that in TRNSYS 16, you do not have to pay attention to
>the order of equations anymore. You can have things like:
>Var1 = Var2+6
>Var2 = 4
>in that order.
>

>I hope this helps,
>
>Michaël Kummert
>

>--
>
>Michaël Kummert
>
>Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
>1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
>Madison, WI 53706
>
>Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
>Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
>E-mail: kummert at engr.wisc.edu
>
>SEL Web Site: http://sel.me.wisc.edu
>TRNSYS Web Site: http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys

Isabelle Bruyère
Université Catholique de Louvain                        Place du Levant, 1
à 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve
Unité d'architecture - Architecture et Climat           Tél : 010/47 21 38
- Fax : 010/47 21 50
http://www-climat.arch.ucl.ac.be/