[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS15 startime

henkwitte henk.witte at groenholland.nl
Wed Dec 21 00:32:48 PST 2005

Hello Diego

>>In TRNSYS15 the results of the first timestep are always zero (e.g. the
>>Sens Energy Demand from Type56 is zero at the
>>end of the first hour of the simulation). This is especially a problem in
>>restarting simulations. How can I prevent this?
>
>You can start your simulation some time before your time of interest.
>For example, you can start your simulation on December 1st, and run the
>simulation until the end of the next year.  You will neglect the results
>for the first December.

Yes, but that won't solve the restart problem. When restarting the first
"forcing" is neglected, but it shouldn't be!
In the restart the module I use reads in a file saved during a previous run
and resumes the calculations. Now, if
I run the whole simulation at once, the very first timestep is neglected
and the rest of the simulation is continuous.
However, if I restart the first timestep of the restart (say, the 43800
step of the complete simulation) is again
neglected and the results are not continuous.

Can that be solved (i.e. can you force TRNSYS to actually calculate the
first timestep as well?).

Henk

Groenholland b.v.
Valschermkade 26