[TRNSYS-users] trnsys15-type 56, 68, 34 solar control

Xavier Dequaire xavdeq at futurich.com
Tue Aug 23 04:38:04 PDT 2005

HI all,

I have used so far type 56 to describe a building (passive solar)
Next step is to explore strategies to limit solar gains.

There are some tools I found
type 68 shading mask
type 34  overhang and wing wall

I did not find information on how to integrate this to my model
Especially to put in relation a specific overhang to a specific window.

As for sources of shadow due to distant objects and landscape, I assume I
can use Meteonorm to generate a new weather file taking it into account
for the solar radiation on the whole building.

thanks for help
Xavier D.