[TRNSYS-users] (no subject)

Michaël Kummert michael.kummert at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 06:57:12 PDT 2005

Javier,

> I am trying to use Access functions in type programmed by me.
> The problem is that when I call a function like getDeckFileName or
> others function with get...
> TRNSYS shows mw an error which says "error aceess violation...".But when
> I build the dll all look OK.
> What may be the problem.Must I configure something in an special way.

Just 2 thoughts:
If even the most commonly used functions (e.g. getSimulationTimeStep())
fail, you  may be using a wrong arguments passing convention. TRNSYS
uses "C, by reference" and passes the string length after all arguments.
The "export as C++" wizard in the Studio will generate a C++ project
with the correct settings for you, in case you did not use it.
If only some functions fail, you may want to check their declaration in
Trnsys.h and compare them with their definition in TrnsysFunctions.f90.

Good luck,

Michaël