[TRNSYS-users] Problems in using the Creating Equation

David Bradley [SEL] dbradley at engr.wisc.edu
Fri Aug 5 11:15:58 PDT 2005

Dear Chun Kwong,
  Edward Halawa's reply that you need to make sure that the variables
To, Ta, period, and phase need to be defined above the equation for Tin
is correct for TRNSYS 15. In TRNSYS 16, this is no longer the case. From
the format of the error message that you included, I believe that you
are indeed using TRNSYS 15 but in case the above does not solve your
problem, the "Unrecognized Variable Name..." error comes when TRNSYS
found one thing when it was expecting another. For example, if you told
it to expect 14 parameters but then only gave it 8 before starting to
specify the inputs. We changed a lot of those error messages with TRNSYS
16 to make them more specific and to give some more information than you
get in TRNSYS 15.
Kind regards,
  David

h8304506 at hkusua.hku.hk wrote:

>I want to generate a time dependent signal using the "Equa".  However, I get the
>following error message:
>

>* Equa:Tin ->Inlet fluid temperature [íu]
>

> ***** ERROR *****        TRNSYS ERROR #  98
> UNRECOGNIZED VARIABLE NAME OR BAD DATA CARD
> TIN
>am using some intermediate valuables to generate Tin
>(Tin=To+Ta*sin(360*time/period+phase)).  There is no input for the "Equa".  All
>the intermediate valuables are set to some values in the "Equa".  Is there
>anything wrong?  Please advise.  Thank you!
>
>Yours sincerely,
>LEE, Chun Kwong
>PhD Student
>University of Hong Kong
>Department of Mechanical Engineering

David BRADLEY
TRNSYS Engineer
Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin, Madison
1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI  53706
United States

ph: +1 608 263 1589