[TRNSYS-users] Problems in using the Creating Equation

Edward Halawa Edward.Halawa at unisa.edu.au
Thu Aug 4 22:22:53 PDT 2005

Hi Lee,

 ***** ERROR *****        TRNSYS ERROR #  98
 UNRECOGNIZED VARIABLE NAME OR BAD DATA CARD
 TIN

>I am using some intermediate valuables to generate Tin
>(Tin=To+Ta*sin(360*time/period+phase)).  There is no input for the
"Equa".  >All the intermediate valuables are set to some values in the
"Equa".  Is >there anything wrong?  Please advise.  Thank you!

This also sometimes happens in my program. In your case,

Tin=To+Ta*sin(360*time/period+phase)),

(1) make sure: all the quaintities in the right side of the equation
(i.e. To, Ta etc.) appear before Tin. If To, for example, appears after
Tin, move (drag) it to a line before Tin. And if Ta = f(To), make sure
Ta appears after To, etc.
(2) if a quantity (say "phase" in your equation) is defined in another
component, make sure this quantity was defined before it is connected to
Tin. The best way to check this is look at the deck file, with .dck
extension (create using: "Create Input file in IISiBat), and then open
thid deck file using TRNSHELL program.

I cannot guarantee that the above works but it's worth trying.

Regards,

Edward Halawa