[TRNSYS-users] compiling error TRNDll.dll

David Bradley [SEL] dbradley at engr.wisc.edu
Tue Apr 19 09:04:55 PDT 2005

Geoffrey,
  We have been working on some modifications to the TRNSYS code so that
it is compatible with the Intel Visual Fortran compiler and will be
releasing v. 16.00.0038 shortly. The problem with Access Functions that
you have run into is fixed in version 0038. Because we are not ready to
release that version just yet, it would perhaps be best if I make you a
TRNDll.dll file with the modification to TrnsysConstants that you need
in order to run your simulation. If you would please send me an email
directly (dbradley at engr.wisc.edu) as well as the modified values that
you would like, I would be happy to compile and link a new DLL for you.
Cheers,
  David

Geoffrey van Moeseke wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have changed a value in the file TrnsysConstants.f90 and then tried
> to recompile the TRNDll.dll, but then I get some errors during the
> compiling process.
> I have Visual Studio .net 2002 with the Intel fortran compiler 8.1 and
> followed the procedure explained in the documentation file
> ("programmersguide").
> I think the problem is in the linking process, the compiler doesn't
> find some functions...
> Maybe some files are missing? You may find here a part of the log file
> (sorry it's in french...) :

> Thanks a lot for your help

> Geoffrey van Moeseke, Ir. Architecte
>
> Architecture et Climat, Université Catholique de Louvain
> Place du Levant 1,                                              phone
> : + 32 10 47 21 38
> 1348 Louvain-La-Neuve, Belgium                          fax : + 32 10
> 47 21 50

David BRADLEY
Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin, Madison
1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI  53706

Ph: +1 608 263 1589
Fax: +1 608 262 8464