[TRNSYS-users] Limitation of the wall thickness in PREBID

Wimolsiri Pridasawas wimol at energy.kth.se
Thu Sep 16 03:16:42 PDT 2004

Hello!

I model the house by using PREBID for create the building
description.  When I defined the new type of wall (a thick wall with
multilayer), the error shows in the 'inf' file that

  ** ERROR - STABILITY CRITERIA FOR WALL TYPE EXT_2ND
NOT FULLFILLED

CHECK LAYER VALUES
             NO FILE GENERATED **

I changed the thickness of some layers, the error is then
disappeared. I tried to find the relation between the error and the
thickness of the layer/wall but I cannot find the conclusion. The
error offen comes when using gypsum board type #115 and Mineral wool
type #140.

Does anyone have the same problem? Are there any limitation when we
define the layer/wall thickness?  What is the relation between the
wall thickness and the ratio of conductivity/density?

This is the properties of the wall that I always have a problem:
Layer					material #		Thickness (m)
-wall board, gypsum			#115		0.13
-Rock wool					#140		0.045
-Plywood					#207		0.09
-vapour barrier, plastic, PVC	#122		0.001
-Rock wool					#140		0.17
-Bitumen, impregnated fibreboard	#123	0.13
-Air gap						#96
-Face brick, block_m_sw.clay	#79		0.105
total thickness							0.671

Kind regards,
Wimolsiri

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wimolsiri Pridasawas
Royal Institute of Technology
Department of Energy Technology
Division of Applied Thermodynamics and Refrigeration
Brinellvägen 60
SE-100 44 Stockholm
Sweden

Phone: +46 (0)8 790 8941