[TRNSYS-users] Diffuse radiation

Esther Chacón chaconce at inta.es
Mon Sep 13 04:23:40 PDT 2004

Dear Trnsys´users,
  When working with radiation processor type 16a in "tilted surface mode 4", which corresponds to Perez model for the calculation of diffuse radiation, I get  very high values for diffuse radiation.They are as high as 2400 W/m2 ,which makes my simulation of a PV array doesn´t work .
I have tried the same simulation with mode 1" isotropic model" and everything is ok whereas with model 2 and 3 the same problem appears with diffuse radiation values.
Does it mean that "tilted surface model 2,3 and 4" can´t be used for all radiation horizontal values? Or perhaps am I doing something wrong?
Thanks a lot.
Kind regards,
         Esther