[TRNSYS-users] MACRO - PROBLEMS

Edward Halawa Edward.Halawa at unisa.edu.au
Mon Sep 6 21:04:15 PDT 2004

Dear All,

I just started using macro and I like it because it minimizes "crowdedness" of
components on the TRNSYS deck. (What else was it meant for ?).

However when I was editing my "control" macro consisting of 5 TYPE2 to change
from "Old Strategy" to "new strategy" because the "old" ones gave unconvincing
results, I encountered the following problem.

When I replaced one by one the "old" Type2 with "new" Type2 (I did this to
easily transfer all the inputs values from "old" to "new") it seemed OK. But
when I tried to connect the new Type2 to other components, the connections to
the other components could not be made, because the "color" of inputs to the
other components were still GREY, they have not changed to BLUE. When I
checked, there were still "lines" to the location where the "old" Type2 were
located, although they're already gone. (I deleted all of them).

But suddenly IISiBat displayed the following message: "An unsupported operation
was attempted" and the TRNSYS shut down. I encoutnered this problem several
times.

Would you please help me avoid this in the future ?

Edward Halawa