[TRNSYS-users] Problem with TYPE190 (HYDROGEMS wind turbine)

Todd Houstein toddh at postoffice.utas.edu.au
Tue Oct 19 18:24:33 PDT 2004

I am using TRNSYS 15 with IISiBat 3 to build a model of a Remote Area Power
System with two different types of wind turbine. I have previously written
in about this. Michael Kummert was correct in his reply... I had not given
the two components unique Logical Unit numbers (thanks Michael!)... Since I
have corrected this the simulation runs without error. However I now have a
different problem...

Both wind turbines end up being simulated with the same parameters.

The two components have different external files specified for them. The
external files have different power vs wind speed relationships defined
within them. I have tested them individually in a simulation and have
verified that they are being simulated as desired. But when I put them both
in the same project together they both take on the parameters from only one
of the external files. Interestingly, they both take on the parameters from
the external file of the one that is last in the specified component order!

Regards,
Todd Houstein
Hydrogen & Allied Renewable Technologies (HART) research team
School of Engineering
University of Tasmania
+61 3 6226 2094