[TRNSYS-users] area of electrode(electrolyser)

Michaël Kummert kummert at engr.wisc.edu
Mon Oct 18 12:26:49 PDT 2004

Sara,

> we have some problems in using trnsys electrolyzer model. We would like
> to know if it is possible to modify the electrode area more than 1 m2,
> in fact we need to symulate a 2,174 m2 electrode area component and the
> range accepted by the type is 0,... to 1 m2.

If your problem is that IISiBat does not let you enter a value greater
than 1, you can set the variable type to "string" and type any number
you want. This does not guarantee, however, that the model behind the
proforma will cope with such a parameter value. You should check your
results carefully (e.g. compare them for 1, 1.1, 1.5, 2, etc.) to make
sure that the model is actually using the parameter that you entered.

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert at engr.wisc.edu