[TRNSYS-users] Cannot locate the error in the deck

Michaël Kummert kummert at engr.wisc.edu
Mon Oct 4 10:01:12 PDT 2004

Anil,

> I am unable to locate the run-time error M6201, which perhaps is due to
> sqrt of a negative quantity (error screen is attached).

Unfortunately those errors are not easy to track down but here are a few
steps you can try:
- Use the TRACE command with the components you suspect and see if you
can identify some outputs taking unusual values before the crash occurs.
This could help you identify a bad configuration or input.
- If you have a compiler, step through the code at the time when the
error occurs. Here again, you can first put breakpoints in the
components you suspect the most and step through those ones only.

Finally, you can send your project to your distributor. I tried to
reproduce your problem but I seem to be missing some input files (it
might be related to the version of the TESS libraries you are using in
case those input files come from TESS examples).
Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert at engr.wisc.edu