[TRNSYS-users] type 90 wind turbine

Michaël Kummert kummert at engr.wisc.edu
Tue Oct 12 10:07:41 PDT 2004

Giuseppe,

> 1)  I would like to know which are the list of data reported in the file
> reported in weather_T89 c card (example 10)

The columns in TRNSYS TMY files are listed in the main manual, Section
4.1.11, table 4.1.11-1.

>  2) How can I create a power curve for a wind turbine?.

I have attached 3 examples of data file for Type 90. There are comments
inside so hopefully you can make other files from those.

The main "catches" are:
- Control strategy: you MUST have 5 spaces before the identifying letter
- Do not use other units than m, m/s and kW
- Start you data pairs at a wind speed = 0
- End you data paris at a wind speed higher than what you can get
   (windspeeds higher than the last one in the datafile will crash
    TRNSYS)

NOTE: Since there was another question about Type 190, you should know
that the data files for Type 90 and Type 190 are slightly different
(same data in different order). Do not use the files attached to this
message for Type 190!

I hope this helps,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert at engr.wisc.edu