[TRNSYS-users] Windows shading coefficients

ksorce at tin.it ksorce at tin.it
Tue Nov 30 07:01:26 PST 2004

Dear Michael and David,

thanks for the useful suggestions. Now I am able to calculate the radiation
without problems.
Mine last doubt concerns the insertion of the Windows Shading Coefficients.
Unlike PREBID, in TRNBuild it's not more possible to insert input as "external
Shading Coefficient", but only as "internal Shading Coefficient". Can I
also use these for the external obstructions? Obviously, as Michael suggests
in the case of walls, I could modify the radiations in TRNSYS Studio, but,
having to repeat the calculation for around hundred openings, this it would
make excessively complicated the model.

In TRNSYS 16 documentation miss the part regarding the mathematical description
of the components. Is it possible to download the complete manual from internet
or is it necessary to ask for it to the distributor?

Thanks again

Eng. Maurizio Sorce
Department of Energy and Environmental Research (DREAM)
Università degli Studi di Palermo
(+39) 3495386296