[TRNSYS-users] printer

Michaël Kummert kummert at engr.wisc.edu
Mon Nov 22 07:16:36 PST 2004

Leen,

> for some strange reason the numbers I import from the printer (type
> 25a) into excel are multiplied by 100000, except the last column, which
> is multiplied by 10000.
> Can someone explain this and give a possible sollution?

This problem has been reported in the past and the reason was some local
settings for the decimal separator. TRNSYS-generated files always use a
dot (".") as decimal separator.

If you do not want to change your global settings to use a dot,
apparently there is still a way to import your data correctly in Excel.
Here is a reply from Jochen Wriske about that:

 > beside Torstens solution there is another option that was added in the
 > last excel versions (I think XL2000 and higher) to handle the problem
 > resulting from different decimal separators:
 > If you use the excel import assistent: In the third step you are able
 > to specify the format of your data. There you can find an option
 > button with a dialog to select the decimal separator.

I hope this helps,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert at engr.wisc.edu