[TRNSYS-users] TYPE 62 and Compiler

Michaël Kummert kummert at engr.wisc.edu
Wed Jun 30 10:05:40 PDT 2004

Alexander,

> I would like to work with the TYPE 62 component (TRNSYS to Excel Interface).
> I don't have a compiler at the moment.
> Is it possible to install this component properly without having a compiler?

You need a compiler in order to add the component to your TRNSYS library
(link it to the other components in TRNLib.dll). Some distributors
sometimes offer the service of recompiling a DLL for you, depending on
your maintenance contract with them. You should check with your
distributor if you think that is the only use you will ever have for a
compiler (keep in mind that TRNSYS 16 will NOT require a compiler
anymore to add new components, thanks to the multi-DLL architecture)

> A second question is about the Fortran compiler:
> Which currently available compiler is worth to buy it in order to work with TRNSYS and Hydrogems?
> I heard, that the Compac Compiler isn't available any more...

The Intel Visual Fortran compiler (version 8.0) is the recommended
compiler for users who have to purchase a new compiler. Users who
already have the Compaq Visual Fortran compiler are advised to keep
using it.

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert at engr.wisc.edu