[TRNSYS-users] Compiling TRNSYS

Michaël Kummert kummert at engr.wisc.edu
Tue Jun 29 16:02:23 PDT 2004

Matthias,

> trying to compile a new trnlib.dll, including
> type 62, I receive the following errors.
> Any idea?
>
> Linking...
>    Creating library Debug/610TRNSYS.lib and object Debug/610TRNSYS.exp
> CLOCK.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _TRNSYS_GETTIME at 16
> DFIT.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _DINVRT at 16
> Online.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GLOBALCOMMON_mp_PLTNUM
> PROC.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GLOBALCOMMON_mp_PLTNUM
> Online.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GLOBALCOMMON_mp_ONLAB
> PROC.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GLOBALCOMMON_mp_ONLAB
> Trnsys.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GLOBALCOMMON_mp_ONLAB
> Online.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GLOBALCOMMON_mp_ONUNIT
>
> TRNSYS: 15.3, Compiler: CVF6.6B

It looks very much like your project is missing a few files
(globalcommon.for, trnsys_win32_cvf90.for, dinvrt.for), so the linker
cannot find some of the subroutines or variables in data modules.

If you use TRNSYS 15.3 and CVF66b, you can use the project included with
the distribution (in \workspace). If you are using that project, you
probably modified it. You can unzip the update from the website into a
dummy directory, grab that project and copy it to the right folder to
"refresh" your copy.
If you want to re-create the project yourself for any reason, you will
find instructions on the website:
http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/compilers/cvf66b.htm

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert at engr.wisc.edu