[TRNSYS-users] Save Problems with Project Includes Macros

Gassem Azzain g_azzain at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 16 12:18:52 PDT 2004

Dear TRNSYS users,

The IISiBat3 is very nice tool to write TRNSYS input files but surely
without Macros?!!!

Is there any one still likes Macros? With me, it is already gone with the wind!

It is really horrible when you prepare a complex project very carefully
with nice Macros especially of Single Zones and then suddenly you
discover that you can't save your work, not only, in fact, you can't do any
thing with it, since it is some times impossible even to cut and paste
or make any modifications, simply becuase the IISiBat gose off with windows error massege.
The real horror may come from your last trial to rescue your project
using the import TRNSYS input file function, because when you restore the
project via this function you will find that each of your TYPE19 Single Zone
Macros has been changed into a single componen including all your building discription
components ( Zones, Walls, Windos, Geroms and other facilities ) with very
complicated links that are impossible to review! and if you take into consideration
that all the lables of your equations inputs have been changed into Inputs-n or
Input1, Input2, Input3,..etc. until Inputn  . then, you will have the reason to be very angry and frustrated.
Now I have a real nightmare!!! please don't tell me that I have to repeat every thing from the beginning!
Are there any other rescue method from this sitiuation?
I hope that we will not face such a problem with the forthcoming TRNSYS16 "the Visual Studio" .

Best regards
G. Azzain