[TRNSYS-users] type 4 storage tank

Michaël Kummert kummert at engr.wisc.edu
Tue Jul 13 08:35:26 PDT 2004

Florian,

> i have problems with the use of type 4e storage tank ( trnsys15).
> the first message is :
>
> ***** WARNING *****
>  THE SET POINT TEMERATURE OF THE UNIT  37 TYPE 4 STORAGE TANK IS HIGHER
> THAN
>  THE BOILING TEMPERATURE.  THE BOILING TEMPERATURE WILL BE USED AS THE SET
>  POINT.
>
> but my boiling temperature is 100 and my set point temp. 55 or 0 , cause
> i do not use the aux heater.
> the seond message is:
>
> ***** ERROR *****        TRNSYS ERROR # 103
> UNIT  37 TYPE   4
>  24 PARAMETERS WERE SPECIFIED, 22 ARE REQUIRED
> CHECK COMPONENT CONFIGURATION
>    8 STORAGE VARIABLES ALLOCATED FOR UNIT  37, TYPE   4 ENDING AT   641
>

> ***** ERROR *****        TRNSYS ERROR # 103
> UNIT  37 TYPE   4
> BAD PARAMETER OR NUMBER OF PARAMETERS
> CHECK COMPONENT CONFIGURATION

It looks like Type 4 expects fewer parameters than what you are
specifying, which probably also explains why the setpoint and/or boiling
point are not what you think they are.
If you are not using IISiBat, please check your component configuration
very carefully, you probably have a typo in your parameters.
If you are using IISiBat, please send your project file to your
distributor so they can identify the cause of the problem.

> is there a max. number of type 4 in one simulation? i´m using  5.

No, there is no maximum number of Type 4 units in a simulation.

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert at engr.wisc.edu