[TRNSYS-users] Error in TYPE56 'internal shading device'

Michaël Kummert kummert at engr.wisc.edu
Thu Dec 9 08:31:36 PST 2004

Xavier,
> With TRNSYS15 (still some projects pending ...) I am getting the
> following error with TYPE 56
> TRNSYS ERROR 188
> UNIT 13 TYPE56 MULTIZONE BUILDING
> INTERNAL ERROR IN ROUTINE TABSDWIN 15.369% AT TIME 0.00
> and
> INTERNAL ERROR IN SOLAR RADIATION DISTRIBUTION (SUMSITOT) OF 1.147% AT
> TIME 10.00
> I found that the error was caused by the 'internal shading device' when
> it was introduced as Schedule. No problem when using constant value or
> input. Problem already adressed in TRNSYS16?

According to the FixList (http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/fixlist/bug.htm)
the problem was fixed in TRNSYS 15.3.00 (or at least "a" problem with
internal shading and schedules):
10.  Source Code: Type56
- A bug was fixed for walls with active layers and identical boundary
   conditions
- A bug was fixed for Internal shading devices using schedules

Are you using 15.3.00? If yes, please send your project to your
distributor so we can get a chance to fix it.

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert at engr.wisc.edu