[TRNSYS-users] Failed to save

Michaël Kummert kummert at engr.wisc.edu
Wed Dec 8 12:48:23 PST 2004

Leen,

> i made some files yesterday by each time saving a copy before changing
> something. No problem yesterday. But opening them this morning, and
> directly trying to save them under a different name, gave a 'failed to
> save', and IIsibat is unable to open the file again.
> What could be the reason, and more important the solution? I did't do
> anything but 'File open', then 'File save as'.
> There are macro's in it, but yesterday that didn't cause any problem...

Unfortunately the only known workaround to that problem is to import a
deck file that you generated from the project. In your case you were
wise enough to save intermediate copies so you can also start from a
project that you can save and do the same modifications again. In case
you can find a project that works and then the steps that lead to the
"fail save" problem in a reproducible way, please let us know (please
send your project+instructions to iisibat at cstb.fr).

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert at engr.wisc.edu