[TRNSYS-users] error 103

Michaël Kummert kummert at engr.wisc.edu
Tue Dec 21 15:04:59 PST 2004

Isabelle,

> With TRNSYS 16, when a simulation ends, it reports an "I/O error 103"
> and then seems not to close nor TRNbuilt nor the output files.
> Could anybody help me with that ? It doesn't prevent me from having some
> results, but it's a little bit anoying anyway.

That error can be caused by a file permission / sharing issue. You could
try to restart your computer to make sure no process is hanging around
and accessing a file that TRNSYS is trying to write to or close, then
check that all files in your installation directory and in your project
directory are not read only. You can also check those folders for empty
files that usually indicate something went wrong in a file i/o operation.
Note that TRNBuild should be closed before the simulation actually
starts. If it stays open during the simulation, this probably indicates
a problem there (.bui, .bld, etc.).
As usual, if the problem persists and it is related to a particular
project, you should send that project to your distributor.

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert at engr.wisc.edu