[TRNSYS-users] Ventilated roof

Michaël Kummert kummert at engr.wisc.edu
Tue Dec 7 12:11:16 PST 2004

Maurizio,

> I need to explore the possibility to use a ventilated roof for my last project.
> I think that is possible to model it with an air layer in TRNBuild, but
> I don't know how I can consider the ventilation effect in the gap. Do you
> have any idea?

Assuming I understand what you want to do correctly, you could use a
fictitious zone to model the ventilated air layer in your roof structure.

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert at engr.wisc.edu