[TRNSYS-users] overall heat transfer,pressure drop, controlling

Florian Hafner hafner at hoki.ibp.fhg.de
Thu Aug 12 00:31:26 PDT 2004

hi,

1) I have a problem  to verify the "Overall heat transfer coefficient of
exchanger" of type 5b .
The heat exchanger i use,  has the temperature-spreading  primary
85/38°C ,secondary 80/32°C and the power of 15kW.
Can anyone tell me ,how i get the "Overall heat transfer coefficient of
exchanger"?

2) Can anyone tell me, if trnsys implicate the pressure drop caused by
pipe and does this have an effect on the flow rate in trnsys ( i don´t
think so) ?

3) To control the solar circle i use the Type2b old control strategy.
(Upper dead band dT 10/lower dead band 2 ) Upper input temperature Th is
the output temperature of the  collector, and  the  lower input
temperature  Ti  should be the lowest temperatur of the tank . I´m using
the tank type4e with 5 nodes . If i had understand it correctly, than
node 1 is the top node ( hot input) and node 5 the bottom node (cold
input). The type 4e gives as outputs "Temperature to heat source"  and
"Temperature of node 1+-1" ,"...-2.",."....-3". So for the" lower input
temperatur Ti"  of the controller  i can use " Temperature to heat
source" as lowest temperature in the tank.

Thanks a lot for  your help
flo