[Trace-users] IBPSA NCC Meeting Notice - 14th May 6pm

Annie Marston A.Marston at baumann-us.com
Fri May 9 08:09:14 PDT 2014

Apologies for the cross-posting

IBPSA NCC meeting notice - WEDNESDAY 14th MAY 6pm - 7.30pm

Ladan Ghobad will be speaking on Daylighting Simulation and Design Optimization

Architectural design of skylights is a challenging issue in buildings specifically in office buildings for the purpose of energy saving. This session will explain the associated problems with improper design of skylights  and it will present design optimization of skylights to reach minimum energy consumption and building operation costs. Moreover, the speaker will provide a brief introduction about daylighting simulation tools; benefits of using accurate daylighting tools such as RADIANCE in energy simulation will be explained during this session; comparison of two simulation tools, OpenStudio and DIVA, in estimation of dynamic daylighting in buildings will be presented, and finally, application of daylighting simulation tools will be illustrated in case studies of successful daylit buildings.

We will also have a session to discuss the group and the IBPSA NCC research committee

The meeting will take place at INTERFACE ENGINEERING's OFFICE,  (2000 M street, Washington DC) the closest metro are the Farragut stations (North and West depending on which line you favour).

Please give me a call on the number below or email me if you have any questions. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone there!

ANNIE MARSTON, Ph.D., LEED AP, BEMP
Senior Consultant, Head of Building Performance
[cid:image009.jpg at 01CF2284.8C44F2B0]
1424 K Street NW | Suite 500 | Washington, D.C. 20005
main +1 202 608 1334 | direct +1 202 407 9395
email a.marston at baumann-us.com<mailto:a.marston at baumann-us.com>
www.baumann-us.com<http://www.baumann-us.com/>

[LinkedIn]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/ebert-&-baumann-consulting-engineers-inc->