[Trace-users] Demand Control Ventilation in TRACE

Eric Wilson eric at sedac.org
Mon Jul 7 12:23:21 PDT 2008

There are two ways to model DCV in TRACE:

   1. Using ventilation schedules that follow occupancy patterns.
   2. Using the CO2-based DCV option on the "Systems" tab, "Advanced" button
   and setting CO2 sensors to "Room" on the Rooms tab.

I'm curious which method of modeling DCV you all have found to be more
accurate or preferable.  It appears that neither method automatically takes
fan energy savings into account--as far as I know, this must be done
separately using a fan schedule.  Using "Cycle with occupancy" doesn't quite
seem to be what we want to model DCV fan energy.  Any ideas?

*Eric Wilson*
Smart Energy Design Assistance Center
University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
www.sedac.org
(217) 244-4671
(800) 214-7954