[Hap-users] HAP - Energy simulation

ARUNSHANKAR shankar at innowellgroup.com
Sat Nov 11 01:22:58 PST 2017

Hi Hap Users,

I have been modelling the two identical spaces with the following options.

Option 1:          Roof - Exposed, Floor - Above conditioned space

Option 2:          Roof - Exposed, Floor - Above Unconditioned space

But I face the dramatical issue in HAP. That the point is below,

I.	The Peak design result that is total coil load from the HAP Option 2
is higher than the Option 1. I agreed.

II.	But I have noticed the total coil load Hourly simulation & Monthly
simulation from HAP Option 2 is lower than the Option 1 at all month except
peak month (May & June). The peak month also not huge difference between the
Option 2 & Option 1.

The above queries I made the assumption the HAP simulation will not
considered the Option 1 Floor above A/C space design condition. I think so
that is take the outdoor weather condition. In this case how to model the
Floor - Above conditioned space.

I have the lot confusion to conclude the above queries. Any one please gives
me the clear picture.

Thanks & Regards,

Arun shankar

Cell: 91-9600034602