[Hap-users] Proposed case outside airflow rates

Cagril Comert via Hap-users hap-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Jul 19 04:25:50 PDT 2017

Aaron,

Thanks for your response. The building's AHU has hot and chilled water
coils. So, 2nd option is appropriate for this situation. However, I
don't understand why I should model VRF with DOAS and turn off
ventilation. Does setting zero for ventilation air schedule give the
same result as VRF with Direct Ventilation?

I tried a slightly different approach. I modeled VRF system with Direct
Ventilation, and from Sizing Data tab, set zero ventilation airflow for
all zones. Then I created a "Make-Up Air/DOAS" system (I think its name
was "CAV-Tempering Ventilation" in HAP v4.9) for the building's air
handling unit. Do you think this is a valid approach?

Regards,
Cagril Comert

Mechanical Engineer
SMART ECO DESIGN, INC.