[Equest-users] Zones with Insufficient Heating Capability

Haberl, Jeff jhaberl at tamu.edu
Wed Sep 6 06:43:49 PDT 2023

Hello Chad:

Sounds like you've got yourself in a pickle. Although you only have 24 zones, you don't know which one is causing the trouble. However, the key thing to remember is that this is a simulation that follows specific rules. So, it may or may not represent the building you're simulating.

I'd start by resetting all systems back to SYSTEM = SUM and see if this works. What you'll have at this point is the loads on the systems, but not the system reactions themselves. If this doesn't work then you have an issue with your zone assignments or space loads. If it does work, then you can add back into the simulation each system, one at a time, until you find the offending system. Remember to let DOE-2 autosize.

Or, you could just us a VAV for all 24 zones and see if this works...then go back to separating it out the systems.

Jeff

Jeff S. Haberl, Ph.D., P.E.inactive, FASHRAE, FIBPSA               We are like fluttering leaves on the branches of trees

Liz & Nelson Mitchell Professor in Residential Design           in the forest of the landscape that surrounds us.

Department of Architecture                                                       If we could, for just a moment, flutter together,

Texas A&M University                                                                  we could lift the earth up to be a better place.  JSH 2022

College Station, TX 77845-3581

Office: 979-845-6507, Lab: 979-845-6065

Fax 979-862-2457

jhaberl at tamu.edu,www.esl.tamu.edu<mailto:jhaberl at tamu.edu,www.esl.tamu.edu>