[Equest-users] Zones with Insufficient Heating Capability

Chad Langille clangille at fealasvegas.com
Tue Sep 5 17:53:39 PDT 2023

Hi All,

I'm working on a multi-level recreation building with VRF serving offices on each floor and packaged RTUs with DX cooling/furnace heating serving large open convention spaces per floor.

I ran into this issue without changing anything in my model, besides adding some exhaust fan information to a handful of zones:

This box pops up:

[cid:image001.png at 01D9E01F.9E4BDC40]

"Error: 1 standard file writing errors encountered"

The simulation does not run, and in the Detailed Simulation Output File, 24 zones have the following warning:

             ZONE E2 Core Zn (G.C10)
             might have insufficient heating capability.
             Check that the SYSTEM or ZONE HEATING-CAPACITY plus this
             ZONEs BASEBOARD-RATING is adequate to maintain the ZONE
             specified DESIGN-HEAT-T for the calculated peak ZONE load
             (see LS-A or LS-B for the ZONE peak load.)

I increased my throttling rage from 2 to 6 degrees, tried increasing my Heating Control and Reset Zone Entering Max Supply Temp from 90 to 105 degrees under Zone Heating, Coil Cap / Control, tried forcing previously greyed-out n/a to 50 degrees for reheat delta T, and tried changing thermostat to Reverse Action. No change and I'm out of ideas. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Chad