[Equest-users] equest refrigerant error

smartin at shaunmartinconsulting.com smartin at shaunmartinconsulting.com
Mon Nov 6 07:48:56 PST 2023

Hi Phil,

Thank you for taking a look at this.  It took me a some hours of fiddling
around but I did manage to get it to run.  I'm not completely sure it had
anything to do with the Refrigerant.  It has again stopped running as I
continue to edit and the message I get now is "12 Bad Building Components"
which is an absolute show-stopper -- eQuest provides no explanation.  When I
did get the model to run, I would get a boatload of "MechEquip_Sim
convergence failure" cautions, again unexplained.  Needless to say, the
refrigeration version of eQuest is challenging.

I started out building off the Grocery model, simplified the refrigeration
entries, and found I had to edit the INP file in a text editor -- the
interface seems to cause lots of problems.  I have to say, though, it's a
shame these refrigeration routines are not built into the core Equest
product.  Very useful.

I'm continuing to work on it. Hopefully I can get it running again.  If I
do, and it's stable, I'll share the file.

Shaun

Shaun Martin, BEMP, LEED-BD&C

Principal

Shaun Martin Consulting