[Equest-users] DHW Load Exceeding DHW Capacity

Chris Hadlock cjhadlock at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 14:22:40 PDT 2023

Does anyone know why eQuest allows my DHW assigned load to exceed my DHW
capacity in eQuest 3.65 (7175) DOE 2.3.

My project has 4 DHW boilers sequenced using parallel configuration. I'm
looking at an hourly report and there are hours of the day where the load
is 470 MBH and my first boiler is assigned a load of 470 MBH while its
operating capacity is 392 MBH. No other boilers are active for that hour.
Does some of that unmet load get carried over to the next hour?

Also, does anyone know how eQuest decides which DHW boiler (for multiple
boilers in parallel configuration) is active for any given hour?

Thanks,
Chris