[Equest-users] Bad building component

Seaman, Ethan eseaman at smma.com
Tue Oct 11 16:53:18 PDT 2022

Pasha, no problem – thank you for including the screenshot below.  Did you maybe set the flow/capacity to 0.0 cfm/ton, or the coil-BF to 0.0? eQuest could be trying to divide by 0 somewhere which is never good.  I have a feeling the issue is coming from the flow/capacity input (or related inputs that it gets it’s values from).  After it says “convergence failure:1…” it says 1/1/1 which means the failure is on the first hour of the year which is a clue (no auto-sizing can take place if the flow/capacity is zero).

[cid:image002.png at 01D8DDAA.C0EF80D0]

~ ~ ~

P.S. Here is a reference for the VRF system.  This youtube video is by Douglas Maddox who helped to develop the VRF systems for DOE 2.3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZlcEXa4tHQ

Ethan Seaman
Sustainable Design Analyst
SMMA