[Equest-users] CHW and DX coils in the same unit

Brian Fountain bfountain at greensim.com
Thu Jul 21 15:00:05 PDT 2022

You can only have 1 system serving a zone.  All but 1 system type (PIU) is either DX or hydronic chilled water.  Even with PIU you have to specify the cooling source...it is not a schedule. That is a long "not really".

I think I  would model it as hydronic chilled water using Load Management to schedule between the main chiller and a recip small chiller set up to approximate the DX.  My wiser colleague would recommend to post-proccess it.