[Equest-users] Accuracy of eQUEST

Fred Betz fbetz at aeieng.com
Sat May 8 14:23:17 PDT 2021

Garbage in, garbage out.

If the model inputs accurately reflect what’s is really happening, then yes it’s fairly accurate. Which is true for a lot of modeling tools.

Things like weather, schedules (occupancy, lights, equipment, etc.) can frequently be very different than reality, which can lead to a pretty wide range of results.

If you only want to use default inputs and typical weather and compare that to a real building data, then be prepared to have a 50% difference or more from what’s measured.

Hope that helps.

Fred

Fred Betz, PhD, LEED® AP BD+C
Building Performance
(D) 608-236-1175 | (M) 608-444-4857 | (O) 608-238-2616
Affiliated Engineers, Inc.<https://aeieng.com/>
5802 Research Park Boulevard | Madison, WI 53719