[Equest-users] Accuracy of eQUEST

John Aulbach jra_sac at yahoo.com
Sat May 8 10:30:23 PDT 2021

 Hello:
Not sure about the question you are asking.
DOE-2 (the engine of eQuest) has been around since the late 1970s. I know the creators and researchers have done countless benchmarking simulations against existing buildings to make the program viable. I myself have done runs against buildings with sub metering and the tracking has always been excellent.
Also, when I have run EEMs against a Base model, and had those modifications M&V'd later, they always seem to match.
So I think there should not be a worry of the accuracy of eQuest/DOE-2.
John R. Aulbach, PE