[Equest-users] [Bldg-sim] schedule for process energy

Christina LaPerle christina at karpmanconsulting.net
Fri Feb 5 03:35:23 PST 2021

Hi Nick,

As always, a great summary. Can you please explain below. Is there any easy
way to import schedules into eQuest other than populating the INP file
directly (which I do not find to be very efficient) or using the user
interface (also not very efficient)? Always looking for ways to streamline
and improve the modeling process.

"I have had a lot of luck (with a sprinkling of misfortune as well)
learning to deploy data loggers of various sorts to track real world plug
and process loads (among other things).  Such measurement data can be
converted via with Excel pivots and EMIT to generate fractional
schedules directly
push-able into calibrated eQuest modeling efforts.  Would I recommend it?
YES.  Even if you only rarely this sort of kit, the *experience* of
exploring “where the sidewalk ends” for in-depth fractional schedule
development is valuable.   I found the experience enabled me to realize
certain challenges were surmountable that would have seemed intractable
otherwise.  There’s a story or two in here for another day, but for now I
guess I’ll sign off with the following:  “Standard/Library schedules are
*often* good enough, but sometimes are not.  Recognizing/Intuiting when the
standard is not good enough is a skillset you can accelerate with exposure
to deploying loggers and analyzing/utilizing their measurements.”

Thanks!

*Christina LaPerle* PE, BEMP, CEM, CBCP
Senior Energy Engineer
[image: image.png]
Phone 860.266.6220
We are always looking for motivated professionals to join our team. See our
career options here <https://karpmanconsulting.net/available-careers>!