[Equest-users] Why the metered energy consumption is two times higher than the energy consumption reported by PS-H

Brian Fountain Brian.Fountain at sa-footprint.com
Wed Oct 28 06:04:14 PDT 2020

There is indeed a bug that causes the input electricity for loop-to-loop heat pumps in heating only mode to be doubled.  The PS-C/PS-H reports show the correct electrical energy but that value is doubled in the BEPU/PS-F/ES-D reports.  It is only the heating energy (cooling reports correctly) and only occurs when the loop-to-loop heat pump is in heating only mode with no assigned cooling load.

The problem can be avoided by setting the chilled water loop control option keyword to "standby" rather than "demand".

Interestingly, adding a process load to the cooling loop does not resolve the issue but instead causes the heating only load to be reported twice - once under heating end use and a second time under miscellaneous.

Compliments to Eric Rubli of our office for identifying the loop control solution.

Footprint

Brian Fountain
Associate
d 416 572 8501 m 416 562 6831