[Equest-users] Temperature Control of Zone Level Exhaust

Brian Fountain Brian.Fountain at sa-footprint.com
Fri Nov 27 10:41:19 PST 2020

Omer,

I have not found a way to operate an EF based on OAT directly.  We have modelled spaces, such as electrical rooms, that are only conditioned by an exhaust fan on a thermostat with a relief intake louver.  We used a 100% OA supply fan – usually a PSZ system with cooling set to 1 BTU/hr to prevent autosizing.  The fan input power matched the exhaust fan and it is controlled either to ‘intermittent’ operation or it is set always to unoccupied with its night cycle control set to ‘cycle on any’.

This suggestion would be less helpful if you have other systems serving the same space.  In that case I guess you’d create a custom schedule for the exhaust fan.  I still like RMI’s EMIT spreadsheet for creating custom eQUEST schedules.

Cheers,

Brian

Footprint