[Equest-users] new user SIR and funding inquiry

Nicholas Caton Nicholas.Caton at se.com
Sat Mar 21 08:59:47 PDT 2020

The group I work with has an arsenal of excel-based templates used to perform financial analyses of these sorts directly off of eQuest-generated outputs (proprietary, sorry).  While I can't share these with outside parties, I can assert they aren't that hard to make if you have a real business need to develop something for repeated use.  There isn't any particularly special programming or economic analysis knowledge required to hook eQuest outputs into Excel, but as a key tip you can open up the hourly results of any simulation or parametric run by pointing Excel towards the .hsr file generated with any baseline or parametric run.  That can be opened as a CSV file, and from there you have all of your savings down to an hourly interval to work from.

That said, it might be easier/faster to develop a workflow process leveraging the built-in LCI featuresetj.  It has been some time since I explored that, but IIRC this does allow you to arrive at a robustly determined present value for savings over a specified period, right?  That would represent the bulk of the effort in arriving at an savings investment ratio.

You might get some more locality/task-specific advice from other eQuest users if you can identify the "funding sources" you're trying to comply with.

Regards,

~Nick

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D5FF6F.D4225450]
Nick Caton, P.E., BEMP