[Equest-users] Control of Energy Recovery System in the Baseline Building on ASHRAE 90.1-2010 Simulated

Konstantina Kalliakoudi kalliakoudi.k at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 01:54:39 PST 2020

Hello to all equest -users,

I am trying to model  my  Baseline building based on ASHRAE 90.1-2010.

In my case:

1.       In my case based on paragraph G3.1.2.11 and in accordance with
Section 6.5.6.1 due to the climate zone and the %outdoor air at full design
airflow rate “my baseline building” require Heat Recovery System.

2.       Due to the climate Zone from Table G3.1.2.6A  an Economizer is not
required.

My question is about the control of the heat exchanger in the baseline
building. In paragraph 6.5.6.1 is mentioned: “Provisions shall be made to
bypass or control the energy recovery system to permit air economizer
operation as required by 6.5.1.1”.

The tables of 6.5.1.1, Table 6.5.1.1A and B mention about control of
Economizer.

Also is in the baseline building required an economizer required or not? I
mean, Table G3.1.2.6A   and tables  6.5.1.1A and B seems to be in
contradiction.

I have modeled this in equest as following: What do you think;

[image: image.png]

[image: image.png]

Thank you

Konstantina Kalliakoudi