[Equest-users] 3 basic eQuest questions

Matthew Yarmon matthewy at fastmail.com
Thu Aug 27 14:47:36 PDT 2020

The group has been very helpful today regarding the baseboard heating issue I had.  I have a few more basic questions I've been itching to ask:

(1) If I place a new shell directly above an existing shell, how to I tell eQuest that the existing shell's roof is no longer exposed to the outdoors?  I'm wondering how to do this in both Wizard mode and Detailed mode. (A work-around I've come up with is to set the existing shell's roof to an impossibly high R value.)

(2) I have two shells in eQuest, separated by an unknown distance. I'd like to measure the distance between the shells so I can position them as needed. Is there a way to measure this? I would then go into the shell and adjust its position on Screen 1 in the Wizard ("Specify Exact Site Coordinates").  (Or I could adjust in Detailed mode, although I haven't adjusted shell position in Detailed mode up to this point.)

(3) In Detailed Design wizard mode, how do I add exhaust fans (or can exhaust fans only be added in detailed mode)?  I only see an option for supply fans. I know how to add them in Detailed mode, but not Wizard mode.

Thanks again,

Matthew