[Equest-users] NECB 2015 Question

Kyle Anders kyle at buildingknowledge.ca
Thu Mar 14 06:55:17 PDT 2019

That's my interpretation, although I know of at least one local code
(Ontario's SB-10) that has modified this:

[image: image.png]

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 9:46 AM Chris Hadlock via Equest-users <
equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org> wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> This is a question for my follow Canadians that have experience with the
> NECB 2015 code.
>
> What is everyone's take on what fenestration area to model for the
> reference model when the Proposed model area is less than the maximum
> permitted?
>
> Specifically, I'm referring to Part 8.4.4.3.3) which states "If the total
> vertical fenestration and door area to gross wall area (FDWR) of the
> proposed building differs from the maximum permitted by Article 3.2.1.1.,
> the FDWR of the reference building shall be adjusted proportionally along
> each orientation until it complies with that Article."
>
> Do people interpret this as if my Proposed FDWR is say 20%, then my
> Reference FDWR is to be increased to say 40% (based on a Zone 5 climate)?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Kind Regards,

*KYLE ANDERS*, MASc, NRCan EA, LEED for Homes Green Rater

*Senior Project Manager*

*T* | 1-800-267-6830 x180   *C* | 226-220-2391
*F* | 519-658-6103               *E* | kyle at buildingknowledge.ca

*This communication is intended for the sole use of the person(s) to whom
it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential or subject to copyright. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately. Any
communication received in error should be deleted and all copies destroyed.*