[Equest-users] NECB 2015 Question

Chris Hadlock cjhadlock at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 06:46:03 PDT 2019

Good morning,

This is a question for my follow Canadians that have experience with the
NECB 2015 code.

What is everyone's take on what fenestration area to model for the
reference model when the Proposed model area is less than the maximum
permitted?

Specifically, I'm referring to Part 8.4.4.3.3) which states "If the total
vertical fenestration and door area to gross wall area (FDWR) of the
proposed building differs from the maximum permitted by Article 3.2.1.1.,
the FDWR of the reference building shall be adjusted proportionally along
each orientation until it complies with that Article."

Do people interpret this as if my Proposed FDWR is say 20%, then my
Reference FDWR is to be increased to say 40% (based on a Zone 5 climate)?

Thanks,
Chris