[Equest-users] Fan Powered Terminal vs Std VAV Terminal

Morteza Kasmai morteza.kasmai at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 07:43:48 PDT 2019

Hello Bill,
Thank you so much for reviewing the model. Since I am not familiar with
energy performance of different terminal boxes was wondering if my
selection was correct. The mechanical drawings include diagram bellow for
VAV terminal and a schedule titled “Fan Powered Terminal unit Schedule”
that marks DTQS as the model of terminal boxes. Manufacturer’s (Titus)
literature indicates DTQS as a Digital Series Fan Powered Terminal and very
energy efficient.

My first question is if selecting Series PIU is a correct selection for the
proposed terminal. If yes, then my second question would be the energy
performance of Series PIU terminals vs Std VAV terminals. Keeping
everything equal, when I change terminal types from Std VAV to Series PIU
the annual energy costs increase, which indicates Std VAV terminal is more
energy efficient than Series PIU terminal. Is this correct?

I truly appreciate your help,

Morteza

[image: image.png]

Morteza Kasmaei