[Equest-users] Occupancy Scedules - 2 question

Nicholas Caton Nicholas.Caton at se.com
Tue Aug 6 10:31:38 PDT 2019

One of my favorite tools (which used to be freely distributed, but is now surprisingly hard to find via Google…? ) for automating the creation and import of schedules is attached:  EMIT by RMI.

I commonly use this as a ‘translation’ tool between scheduled values I’ve come up with in another workbook and my eQuest model.  Afater a series of guided prompts, you’ll be presented with an empty table to enter your schedules at the minimum required resolution, and then with the click of a button it’ll quickly generate an INP text file you can import directly from the eQuest interface.

Two things can cause common trip ups however:

  1.  Be mindful when pasting in calculated values to be deliberate in rounding them to only 4-6 decimal places, first.
  2.  It’s often a good idea to open up the generated INP first before importing, to scan for any lines where the 80 character limit is exceeded.  If you catch that, just enter a linebreak somewhere following a comma to avoid unintended behavior or errors upon importing.

~Nick

[cid:image005.png at 01D515A3.47EDD880]
Nick Caton, P.E., BEMP
  Senior Energy Engineer