[Equest-users] How intermittent fan operation works

Mayank Bhatnagar mayank.23aug at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 06:31:15 PDT 2019

Dear all,

I am working on a residential project in which the indoor units fan is
cycling with load. For this, I have modelled as PSZ HP (as designed) and
changed indoor fan mode from continuous to intermittent operation. My first
question is whether it is correct to model intermittent for system with
cycling or should I model different system.

Additionally, as per definition of intermittent operation : The indoor fan
operates as in CONTINUOUS, but only for  that fraction of the hour required
for space heating or cooling. I want to check how many hours it is cycling
as I assumed that the eQUEST is working on hourly timestep. By extracting
hourly report of fan cycle ON for continuous and intermittent operation,
the hourly profiles are:
[image: image.png]
>From the figure, it appears that fan is running maximum 60% of an hour in
intermittent operation whereas 100% in continuous. As it is providing
results in sub-hourly basis, is it possible to create schedule to restrict
cycle off on sub-hourly?

Thank you.

Regards,
Mayank Bhatnagar